Saturday, April 5, 2008


Curses!  Could you scroll down and read up because this is chronologically backwards.  Why doesn't it upload the picture to where the cursor is-why cursed blogspot why?  Anyways-I had eye surgery last week-PRK kind of like lasiks only more painful-instead of flap-burn and scratch.  My doctor thinks its safer-I am a little sensitive to light and I was sore for a few days.  And I have to sleep in ski goggles for two weeks.  There are many lame things I could say about this but just imagine.  So the above is me and the Chanch sporting our sunglasses.  
If you are wondering why I haven't posted in a while-eye surgery, sickness for Mike and Tim and of course the supposed to be aforetomentioned but are now aft mentioned technological frustrations!

Chanch looking positively thrilled with egg dying.

Genius way to decorate a la Liberty Weaver-splash the eggs with vinegar and the drip food coloring on them-rinse and voila-tie dyed eggs.




Chanch.
Angry Chanch.


Lame.  I am a lame blogger.  I can't figure out how to write first then post pictures.  And why does it take so long to download photos and why won't video blogger work-also I can't get the slideshow to work and thus you see why sometimes I go weeks without updating.  It doesn't help that I browse blogs and then experience other blog envy-the kid is cute why can't I caption correctly.  But here goes.  Some Easter pics with the Sorensons-Sarah is dying and Ryan is the one turning Chanch into 'angry Chanch"  Surprisingly, the face is just called "angry Chanch" and he doesn't actually become angry, I think he finds it rather amusing.
We had a killer Easter!  We decorated eggs and then Ryan and Sarah hid 10 eggs downstairs and we hid 10 eggs upstairs.  Then we switched floors.  We had fifteen minutes to find all the eggs and the only rule was-no whining about hard egg hiding.  Not gonna lie-we smoked em.  They only found three eggs and we found seven!  Yep, they will be purchasing the appetizer next time we go out to eat-sweet!
Now for some of the genius places.  They hid eggs in: The vacuum cleaner bag, the disposal, two vents, a sample can of formula, a thing of hot chocolate and other places that I can't remember.
We hid eggs: in the ceiling above the fire alarm (nice one sweetie), in the back of the toilet, under the trash bag in the trash, and I took one of Timothy's clean diapers and filled it with water, put and egg in it and put it on top of the diapers.  They found this one.  Sadly, because we were gross enough to put one in a diaper they thought surely there would be another one-they made it half way through the pail before giving up.  I almost want to give them a point just for perseverance in the presence of severe stench.  Anyways it was a real kick!  We did Easter baskets on Saturday and on Sunday we had a nice dinner and celebrated the resurrection.  What a great day.


4 comments:

The Robertsons said...

It sounds like you guys are having alot of fun. I am sad that we cant be there to play with you guys! Have fun!

kiki comin said...

timmy is too cute! i love all of his big eyed stares into the camera. so fun!

ryan and berni said...

Tie dyed eggs...groovy! Tim is a cute boy. Hope the skigoggle sleeping thing doesn't last too long. Meanwhile, enjoy wonderful dreams skiing on fresh powder! :)

mckenzie said...

how fun is that? you are so entertaining sarah. i love reading your blog!